We are all aware of the healthy benefits of water. It’s probably the best thing you can do for your health.
Yet, since its monotonous taste can quickly become boring, you can now add one ingredient to it — lemon.
These are the advantages and benefits if you consume water with lemon on a daily basis:
- Like all citrus fruits, lemon is an antioxidant full of vitamin C. It slows the aging process, prevents cancer and keeps your vision healthy.
- It helps in the fight against skin aging.
- Even if you do not believe in the processes of “cleansing the body”, be sure that lemon helps to remove all the toxins.
- Lemon can help with stomach problems and improve digestion, especially if you combine it with warm or hot water.
- It contains antibacterial properties that can boost the immune system and protect you from all flu viruses that are prevalent in winter.
- Lemon can refresh your breath. Do not believe the myths that it damages the teeth. In small quantities diluted in water, it can only bring benefits.
Remember that all of the above applies only to the addition of fresh slice of lemon in water or freshly squeezed juice, not in cases of bottled water with lemon flavor.